For me it's exactly the same but only the left speaker works-- I've had
this problem since a recent upgrade about two months ago approximately.

I've tried the alsamixer and everything seems to be configured
correctly.

Headphones work as expected.

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Sound Only From Right Speaker after Upgrade

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading from Ubuntu 12.04 to Ubuntu 12.10, my laptop's sound
  will only come from its right speaker (despite that the balance is
  centered).

  ALSA Info:
  http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=c964bb7dd7d08f5e86818c56533dc519c45291fd