Public bug reported:

The driver for the intel part of xorg.conf should be modesetting instead
of intel, see also: https://askubuntu.com/questions/580693/black-screen-
when-in-nvidia-mode-after-updating-to-kernel-3-13-0-45

>From what I can see this is set here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net
/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/trusty/ubuntu-drivers-common/trusty-
proposed/view/head:/share/hybrid/gpu-manager.c#L1588

I am seeing this on a trusty system with nvidia-346 driver on both 3.16
and 3.13 kernels.

The end result of doing this worng is that system boots up with black
screen.

As a workaround I have commented out gpu-manager in /etc/init/gpu-
manager.conf (when starting lightdm) and in /sbin/prime-switch (when
stopping lightdm).

** Affects: ubuntu-drivers-common (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-drivers-common in Ubuntu.

  gpu-manager writes wrong driver in xorg.conf fro nvidia-prime

Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu:

  From what I can see this is set here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net