** Tags added: precise

** Package changed: ubuntu => network-manager (Ubuntu)

  "Disconnect" menu item in network-manager taskbar tool is inactive
  when connected to network

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  When connected to a network (via ethernet), I am not able to
  disconnect using the network menu in the top taskbar.  The
  "Disconnect" menu item is not highlighted.  The Connection Name is
  highlighted, but I don't need to click it because I'm already
  connected to it.  If I click the Connection Name, it connects again,
  but still does not highlight the "Disconnect" option.  So to
  disconnect, I have to go to System Settings -> Network, and click on
  the toggle.  That does work.  It's just the taskbar connection manager
  that is malfunctioning.

  I have tried restarting, and the problem persists.

  This happened after I updated software this morning using Update
  Manager.  I installed the updated Unity Greeter that puts network
  status on the login screen and updates wifi and mobile.

  I am running 12.04 LTS and Unity2d