Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-disk-utility in Ubuntu.

  Fault trying to mount internal HDD at startup

Status in gnome-disk-utility package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 14.04 (from Question #251754).

  I want to mount my internal HDD at at startup (I boot from an SSD). I
  attempt to set this, following this procedure:

  1. Open Disks utility
  2. Select the disk
  3. Below the disk's Volumes, click on the More actions button
  4. Select Edit Mount Options...
  5. Select Automatic Mount Options "Off"
  6. Under Mount Options, ensure that Mount at startup is selected
  7. Click OK
  8. Enter password into Authenticate dialog box
  9. Restart

  but this procedure doesn't work. Upon rebooting, and after Grub
  attempts to start Ubuntu, I receive the error message "An error
  occurred while mounting /mnt/4f721fc0-8072-453f-b48f-ca686bd89549.
  Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery".

  I press S and the boot process continues OK. If I try to mount the
  disk immediately after booting, I receive the error message "Unable to
  access "Storage"".

  So then I start the Disks utility and set it to Automatic Mount
  Options "On" and reboot.

  To me, it seems like this should work, but it doesn't.

  A number of photos of the process are at

  https://imgur.com/a/yZHD8

  (Alt+PrtScn doesn't work after selecting More actions).