Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Totem crashes instantly on start, freezes the whole system

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  When trying to launch totem or try to play a video with it, totem
  crashes the system completly. There are no other options than a hard
  reset (even magic sysrq isn't working). I was not able to get any
  further information. When starting totem via terminal, there are no
  massages before the crash occours. Totem shows up half blended (seems
  to crash while fading in the window).

  I'm not using Unity, instead I'm on Gnome-Shell. With Unity from a
  live-usb, this does not happen. I've tested totem 3.2 from Ricotz
  Testing PPA, the error does not occure with that version.

  Package: totem 3.0.1-0ubuntu5
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: i386