Works perfectly for me. With an empty keychain, Firefox prompts for
credentials and saves them in the keychain, and printing just works.
Gedit (GTK3 application) is then able to use the same credentials,
although they are a bit different from what GTK3 saves to the keychain.

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  remember password on printing to windows printers does not work

Status in GTK+ GUI Toolkit:
  Fix Released
Status in gtk+2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gtk+2.0 source package in Trusty:
  Fix Committed
Status in gtk+3.0 source package in Trusty:

  [Impact]

   * Passwords for printers are not stored and the users are required
     to retype it with every print job for password protected printers

  [Test Case]

   * Configure a remote (shared via SMB), password-protected printer.

   * Request a print job.

   * Each subsequent job will require retyping the password.

  [Regression Potential]

   * Cherry-pick from upstream (present in Gtk+3.13.8).

   * Minor conflict resolution needed (line numbers changed)

  [Other Info]

   * Original bug description:
  i am printing from my ubuntu karmic to a windows box. everytime i print i get
asked to input username and password to windows box, then the document gets
printed. there is a "remember password" checkbox, but it keeps asking me when
printing the next document.