** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Tony Espy (awe)

  NM (proposed) iterates GPRS contexts out-of-order after initial
  provisioning

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Image: #297
  Device: mako
  SIM: AT&T (US)
  Version: 0.9.8.8-0ubuntu8 ( from
https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/landing-013 )

  This is a bug with the proposed NM changes for MMS provisioning.

  As the updated ofono code queries both apns-conf.xml *and* mbpi, it's
  possible for a large number of APNs to be provisioned.

  In my case, provisioning results in seven contexts added to the ofono
  gprs settings file.

  NM tries the first context ( context1 ), and once it fails, instead
  trying context2, context3, ... ( ie. in increasing order ), it skips
  ahead to context4, and then increases again normally thru context7,
  then goes back to context2.  To be clear the ordering is:

  context1 ( fails ), context4 ( fails ), context5 ( fails ), context6 (
  fails ), context7 ( fails ), context2 ( succeeds )

  As you can imagine, this takes a really long time to finish and thus
  is a poor user experience.

  Once the first connection has been made, NM correctly remembers the
  working context and does the right thing on subsequent reboots ( ie.
  it always tries context2 first ).

  I will add logs as soon as I finish flashing and installing the
  required packages.