You have been subscribed to a public bug: After some trial and error I have found that 3.14.0-3ubuntu8 and subsequent versions of gnome-flashback has introduced an error where connections to a PPTP vpn fail with the following error:
NetworkManager[5971]: <error> [1428023479.735160] [vpn-manager/nm-vpn- connection.c:1778] get_secrets_cb(): Failed to request VPN secrets #2: (6) No agents were available for this request. Downgrading to 3.14.0-3ubuntu7 resolves the issue. I have reproduced this error by installing vivid into a virtualbox VM, and configuring a pptp vpn connection. It works if you use the default unity session, or the gnome one. Downgrading to gnome-flashback 3.14.0-3ubuntu7 resolves the issue. I'm not going to bother attaching any further information unless asked, as I have narrowed it down to the specific update which has caused the regression and reproduced it on a fresh install. Link to changelog for convenience: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source /gnome-flashback/3.14.0-3ubuntu8 ** Affects: network-manager-applet (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided Status: Confirmed -- gnome-flashback pptp vpn does not connect https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1440009 You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu. -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

