Hi Gunnar. (Congratulations on your membership by the way!) I have not used Ubuntu in a couple of years over "irreconcilable design-related differences". During this time I distro-hopped around Debian, Fedora and perhaps two Ubuntu derivatives, and as far as I could tell, this issue was present in all these distributions (and upstream).
In the newer (hehe) Debian sources I could find a first_weekday but no first_workday. (via http://sources.debian.net) And I could not find these entries in Ubuntu's glibc 2.21 sources... Could you tell me where are these definitions stored in the latest sources? Sorry for the trouble. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to langpack-locales in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1442207 Title: Wrong (work-)week start for pt_PT Status in langpack-locales package in Ubuntu: Invalid Bug description: According to the default pt_PT definitions, the (work-)week start is set at Sunday, which is incorrect. The correct (work-)week start is Monday, because Portugal abides by EN 28601:1992, since it became an European Union member 6 years prior to issue of that norm. pt_PT was the only European Union locale that did not get the needed correction in these definitions. Therefore I request to have the first_weekday and first_workday entries entries set at LC_TIME with the default value of 2 (which stands for Monday) for the pt_PT locale. Thank you. Post Scriptum: There is no need for Ubuntu/package version information because this bug is quite ancient (20+ years?) and precedes the birth of the Ubuntu distribution. I opened a bug-report entry upstream at the following location: https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=17565 To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/langpack-locales/+bug/1442207/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

