Public bug reported:

Three finger tap to middle-click is not enabled by default on Thinkpad
Yoga S12, need setting with:

synclient TapButton3=2

Should this be default (or an option to enable it be provided?)

Possibly a duplicate of bug #840509 but that details a behavioural
regression since 11.10 (I'm not sure if my hardware would ever have had
this functionality working and enabled by default on that old a distro
for this to be the same issue).

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  Three finger tap to middle-click is not enabled by default on Thinkpad
  Yoga S12, need setting with:

  synclient TapButton3=2

  Should this be default (or an option to enable it be provided?)

- Possibly a duplicate of #840509 but that details a behavioural
+ Possibly a duplicate of bug #840509 but that details a behavioural
  regression since 11.10 (I'm not sure if my hardware would ever have had
  this functionality working and enabled by default on that old a distro
  for this to be the same issue).

** Package changed: libevdev (Ubuntu) => xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
(Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Tripple tap to click (middle button) not enabled by default on
  Thinkpad Yoga 12

Status in xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package in Ubuntu: