So what is the solution for all users with an Intel HD Graphics 5500
(GT2)? I'm also still having the problem on my Lenovo Thinkpad T450s

Is it possible to reopen the Bug #1432194 again? Is there a known
upstream solution for this problem?

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  [BDW GT3] Backport fixes to unbreak X

Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel-lts-utopic package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel source package in Trusty:
  Fix Committed
Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel-lts-utopic source package in Trusty:
  Fix Committed
Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel source package in Utopic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  BDW GT3 need these to properly render menus, windows:

  commit de54a93217cc550c44ee138f0511ede6925d84e0