Hi Alberts, I have changed ~/.xsession to : gnome-session --session=gnome-flashback --disable-acceleration-check --debug and attached the resulting ~/.xsession-errors (xsession-errors20150501)
I removed: export DESKTOP_SESSION="gnome-fallback" export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP="Unity" which you suggested in bug 1251281. If you'd like to see the --debug output with those settings included, please let me know. I saw there are some suspicious msgs in xsession-errors20150501 that made me think dropbox may be the problem. So I did the test again as a different user (tims) which does not use dropbox. Unfortunately, the seesion still hangs on logout. The debug xsession errors for that test are attached as xsession-errors-tims-nodropbox. Thanks very much for your help. Please let me know if I can do anything else. ** Attachment added: "xsession-errors20150501" https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1450279/+attachment/4388760/+files/xsession-errors20150501 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1450279 Title: gnome flashback session fails to end on logout in Trusty Status in gnome-session package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: On logout, the window changes to a blank purple screen and never closes. All the processes are still running. This is a big problem because in Trusty, Unity needs hardware acceleration, so you cannot use Unity in any remote access scenario (like using windows remote desktop to access a VMware vSphere Ubuntu Trusty vm with xrdp) where hardware acceleration is not available. Many people are trying to use alternative desktops, like gnome-flashback or xfce (xfce seems to have too many downsides in this situation for me). This is a follow on from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1251281 where gnome-session-flashback was modified to accept a new flag (--disable-acceleration-check) so that a gnome flashback session could be started. Thanks to the patch for 1251281 we can now run gnome flashback but it doesn't logout properly, which makes it unusable. Environment: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (up to date) gnome-session-flashback 1:3.8.0-1ubuntu12.2 gnome-session 3.9.90-0ubuntu12.1 ~/.xsession : gnome-session --session=gnome-flashback --disable-acceleration-check Using Windows 7 Remote Desktop to connect to Ubuntu vm. Login to xrdp using module sesman-Xvnc I have attached the ~/.xsession-errors file. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1450279/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

