That version is no more supported

** Changed in: vino (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to vino in Ubuntu.

  keystrokes not received correctly when sending to Virtualbox

Status in vino package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Certain keys are not received correctly when attempting to send to a
  VM window on the remote desktop.   I've tested this with Ubuntu's
  built-in Remote Desktop VNC viewer, and with Android VNC.  The one
  that consistently misses is '.', but there are others, and some miss
  occasionally but not always.

  Examples in a Windows XP VM:

  Ubuntu's remote desktop:

  The '.' key will cannot be typed into a URL bar, making it impossible
  to browse the web

  Android VNC:

  Text must be typed on the mobile device, and sent all at once.
  Sending "http://192.168.1.1";  may come over as Htp://19216811, or
  another similarly jumbled mess.

  This is an absolute show stopper for machines intended to be a VM host that
are to be administered remotely via VNC.   My reasoning that vino is causing
the problem was based on the bug consistently happening regardless of the VNC
client.

  Package: vino 2.32.1-0ubuntu2.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-10.46-generic 2.6.38.7
  Date: Sun Jul 31 12:36:05 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release amd64 (20110427.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US:en
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash