What's the output of "sudo systemctl status NetworkManager-wait-
online.service network-online.target" for you? We do enable this unit by
default, so it should wait (this works fine here and for many other
people I've talked to).

If they are not running, but enabled, then the reason is that mediatomb
is missing "Wants=network-manager.online" (see man systemd.special for
details). This needs to be fixed either way.

** Changed in: mediatomb (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: mediatomb (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: systemd (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- mediatomb fails to start at boot
+ mediatomb starts before network comes online

  mediatomb starts before network comes online

Status in mediatomb package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  mediatomb fails to start at boot because the network is not yet up.
  It's unit file lists After: network-online.target, but this target
  comes up before NetworkManager has brought the network up.  I'm
  guessing it only counts networks configured in /etc/interfaces.