This bug was fixed in the package account-plugins -
0.11+14.04.20140409.1-0ubuntu2

---------------
account-plugins (0.11+14.04.20140409.1-0ubuntu2) trusty; urgency=medium

  [ Alberto Mardegan ]
  * Add required ResponseType parameter to Facebook plugin, move to v2.0 API.
    (LP: #1430694)
  * Remove non working IM services (LP: #1432613)

  [ Iain Lane ]
  * Add a NEWS entry.

 -- Alberto Mardegan <alberto.marde...@canonical.com>  Thu, 30 Apr 2015
11:47:12 +0100

** Changed in: account-plugins (Ubuntu Trusty)

Packages, which is subscribed to account-plugins in Ubuntu.

  Update Facebook permissions to 2.0 API

Status in Online Accounts: Account plugins:
  In Progress
Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  Fix Released
Status in account-plugins package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in account-plugins source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in account-plugins source package in Utopic:
  Fix Committed
Status in account-plugins package in Ubuntu RTM:

  The 1.0 API is being deprecated on April 30, 2015.

  [Impact] Depending on how facebook decides to handle the deprecation,
  there's the possibility that creating facebook accounts from Ubuntu
  Online Accounts will just stop working, if our OAuth request (which
  uses deprecated parameters) gets declined.

  [Test case] Until the deprecation actually takes place, we won't be able to
reproduce the bug. According to the Facebook official documentation, the v1.0
API will stop working on April 30th, 2015:
  https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/changelog

  [Regression potential] Very low: the new Facebook v2.0 API is already
  active, and we've been using it in Vivid without issues. A quick smoke
  test (just create a Facebook account from the System Settings ->
  Online Accounts pane) is anyway advised, to be absolutely sure.