Public bug reported:

LibreOffice Writer is freezing the system after a few minutes (Ubuntu
15.04, libreoffice-writer 4.4.2-0ubuntu1): the only possible action is
moving the mouse pointer on the screen. Impossible to connect to a tty
session to kill Xorg. A physical reboot is necessary. Note that I used
LibreOffice Calc without problem.

The problem has been encountered also under Fedora 21:
http://forums.fedora-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=63428
The solution proposed on this french forum is to replace the "nouveau" driver
by the "nvidia" proprietary driver (340.76).
It works for me.

** Affects: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: network-manager (Ubuntu) => libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  System freeze when using LibreOffice Writer

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu: