Hi Alberts,

Good work! I was also able to connect and logout multiple times after
restarting xrdp (sudo service xrdp restart).
All the processes end properly and the rdp window closes.

Now if we can just figure out what is different after restarting xrdp
compared to how it is after system boot...

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.

  gnome flashback session fails to end on logout in Trusty

Status in gnome-session package in Ubuntu:

  On logout, the window changes to a blank purple screen and never closes.
  All the processes are still running.

  This is a big problem because in Trusty, Unity needs hardware acceleration,
so you cannot use Unity in any remote access scenario (like using windows
remote desktop to access a VMware vSphere Ubuntu Trusty vm with xrdp) where
hardware acceleration is not available.
  Many people are trying to use alternative desktops, like gnome-flashback or
xfce (xfce seems to have too many downsides in this situation for me).

  This is a follow on from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1251281 where
gnome-session-flashback was modified to accept a new flag
(--disable-acceleration-check) so that a gnome flashback session could be
started.
  Thanks to the patch for 1251281 we can now run gnome flashback but it doesn't
logout properly, which makes it unusable.

  Environment:
  Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (up to date)
  gnome-session-flashback 1:3.8.0-1ubuntu12.2
  gnome-session 3.9.90-0ubuntu12.1

  ~/.xsession :
   gnome-session --session=gnome-flashback --disable-acceleration-check

  Using Windows 7 Remote Desktop to connect to Ubuntu vm.
  Login to xrdp using module sesman-Xvnc

   I have attached the ~/.xsession-errors file.