** Changed in: accountsservice (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to accountsservice in Ubuntu.

  accounts-daemon using up several gigabytes of RAM

Status in accountsservice package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  HP Z400 Workstation
  Intel Xeon W3520
  12GB RAM
  nVidia QuadroFX 580

  Kubuntu Trusty 14.04.2 LTS, apt-get says everything is up to date
  Kernel 3.13.0-46-generic x64
  KDE SC Version 4.13.2
  Accountsservice 0.6.35-0ubuntu7.1

  My system seems to boot just fine until it tries to bring up LightDM.
  At that point, accounts-daemon eats up 100% of a CPU core, starts
  allocating tons of memory and causes LightDM to hang for ~25 seconds.
  After I put in my username and password accounts-daemon continues
  eating up 100% of a CPU core, allocates more memory and hangs the
  login process some more. After being logged in for a few minutes it
  stops using CPU time but never frees any memory, eventually settling
  in at ~6GB used. At the time of this writing it is currently at
  5,754,280K.

  If I kill the process it frees all of the memory, but after locking
  the screen or similiar action something (dbus?) starts it back up
  again and the process repeats, although only using up ~3GB of RAM. I
  have tried running accounts-daemon --debug and it doesn't spit out
  anything indicating an error. The closest that I've found to a problem
  is in the lightdm.log file excerpted below:

  <snip>
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: Seat: Starting local X display on VT 7
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Writing X server authority to
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Launching X Server
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: Launching process 1254: /usr/bin/X -core :0 -seat seat0 -auth
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
  [+0.05s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path
/org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
  [+25.08s] WARNING: Error getting user list from org.freedesktop.Accounts:
Timeout was reached
  [+25.08s] DEBUG: Loading user config from /etc/lightdm/users.conf
  [+25.09s] DEBUG: User xxxxx added
  [+25.09s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 1254
  [+25.09s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Got signal from X server :0
  [+25.09s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Connecting to XServer :0
  <snip />

  dbus does seem to start the service successfully as evidenced in
  syslog:

  <snip>
  Mar 19 10:32:32 the-cybercraft dbus[791]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.Accounts' (using servicehelper)
  Mar 19 10:32:32 the-cybercraft accounts-daemon[1259]: started daemon version
0.6.35
  Mar 19 10:32:32 the-cybercraft dbus[791]: [system] Successfully activated
service 'org.freedesktop.Accounts'
  <snip />

  I'll provide any help that I can, and thanks!