I am glad that Bug #435930 has been addressed, but I agree with Julian
that this is still a significant design flaw.  Imagine if Microsoft Word
displayed the message on launch, "Warning: changes to this document will
be lost unless you save it to file before closing Word", and then gave
absolutely no warning when closing the document.  Ask this question: if
an average computer user lost their data because Ubuntu didn't warn at
logout, would they blame themselves or Ubuntu?  I think the answer is
clear.

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  logging out of guest session should notify that data will be cleared

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  If logging out from the guest account resets it and clears all data,
  then the logout dialog should give a hint that all data will be reset
  and that the user should cancel if he/she wants to save files on a USB
  drive, or if he/she wants to ask the host/computer owner to copy the
  files to a persistent location.