Public bug reported:

Upstream had the bad idea of not sorting folders first anymore in GTK
3.14. However they added an option later in commit
2aa3eea781ed21a02ecdf1e3c753a1ec5694d6c8. Since we cannot introduce new
strings, ubuntu should revert the default in the 3.14 package.

** Affects: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  GtkFileChooser should sort folders first

Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu: