I'm not sure whether this is the right project...

I did an apt-get upgrade on my vivid machine last week. Since then, my
previously working VPN setup no longer works (both new and old VPN).

Symptoms:

- After rebooting and logging in and clicking on the up-down arrow icon,
I see "No network devices available". That is definitely wrong, seeing
that, as a matter of fact, I'm on my ethernet, and it's working fine.
(I'm typing this on the affected machine.)

- Since the reboot, my previously working VPN config is toast. I had
both the old and the two new VPNs configured and working fine. Now, when
I click on "VPN Connections", none of the previously configured networks
are there. It's as if I had never configured anything.

I figured I'll try re-adding the missing VPN config, but no joy. After
re-adding a connection from my saved .conf file and clicking save, I get
an error dialog:

"Connection not visible or not available: Method "GetAll" with signature
"s" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't
existConnection not visible or not available: Method "GetAll" with
signature "s" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't
exist"

I have not hacked around with anything on this machine. No PPAs or the
like...

I'd appreciate help with this. Right now, I can't access anything
company-internal from that machine.

** Affects: network-manager-applet (Ubuntu)

Network indicator incorrectly claims no network available, VPN no longer working
Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.