Please don't close the bug! I have the same problem on my newly installed 
Ubuntu 15.04, the problem also seems to be the 4G modem. It worked nicely on 
14.04 and 14.10. As a workaround, I am able to start "nm-applet --version" and 
use it, but it becomes unstable after a sleep mode again. 
I don't know what @jukey means by "two entries for my mobile broadband 
connection" - but I do have only one 4G modem listed by "mmcli -L" and only one 
NetworkManager connection configured for this modem.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458340

Title:
  nm-applet crashs with segmentation fault (Cannot grab information for
  modem at /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/7: No ModemManager
  support)

Status in network-manager-applet package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  This bug is regarding the nm-applet only. I am able to use WiFi and 4g
  modem connections without any problem but I do not have a GUI to
  manage the connections or choose one as the applet does crash whenever
  I try to run it:

  This is howit looks like:
  (nm-applet:9942): nm-applet-WARNING **: Cannot grab information for modem at 
/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/7: No ModemManager support
  Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

  Where do I find the core dump in order to provide it as well?

  Any idea howto fix this issue?

  My setup:

  I am using a Lenovo x240 laptop and a ThinkPad EM7345 4gLTE modem (see
  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd031021 for details) .

  There is no package called 'network-manager-applet' so I provide the
  data for 'network-manager': 0.9.10.0-4ubuntu15.1

  Ubuntu Version: 15.04

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager-applet/+bug/1458340/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to