Public bug reported:

I'm running 15.04 r2. Initially, the screen locked nicely, but I turned
that off for a while (for USB access etc). Now it's turned back on
again, and it seems not to lock automatically anymore. Due to battery
consumption this is a pretty annoying bug.

I ran powerd-cli test: all passed except the first:

Test: checkForDbusName(test_dbusname, 0, requests, TRUE)
    result: FAILED

Attached is the full output and the syslog entries for a period where I
turn on the screen, wait for 2 minutes, and turn it off again. (lock
time is 1 minute. Also doesn't turn off after 1hr)

What does it mean that testdbus_name  is failing? What should happen
when screen autolocks?

** Affects: powerd (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: gnome-desktop3 (Ubuntu) => powerd (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-desktop3 in Ubuntu.

  MX4 ubuntu version screen won't auto-lock

Status in powerd package in Ubuntu: