** Changed in: gcr

Packages, which is subscribed to gcr in Ubuntu.

  Gnome GCR won't unlock p12 certificate with password length > 31
  characters

Status in GCR:
  Confirmed
Status in gcr package in Ubuntu:

  I am unable to import a p12 s/mime certificate using gcr if the
  certificate is encrypted with a password containing 32 or more
  characters. When trying to unlock the certificate, gcr responds as if
  the password entered was incorrect.

  I imagine somewhere a 32-byte variable is being used for the password
  string, but that is just a guess.

  Process to reproduce:
  Export a certificate from Firefox/Thunderbird (or generate your own).
  Encrypt it with the password '1234567890123456789012345678901' (31
characters).
  Open with gcr and unlock successfully.
  Export the same certificate.
  Encrypt it with the password '12345678901234567890123456789012' (32
characters).
  Open with gcr and unlock. Password is rejected.

  1.
  Release:      17

  2.
  gcr:
    Installed: 3.10.1-1
    Candidate: 3.10.1-1
    Version table:
   *** 3.10.1-1 0
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3. I expected the 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, and 40 length passwords to be
  accepted and the certificate to be imported.

  4. Only the certificates with password lengths of 31 characters or
  fewer were unlocked and imported . Certificates with 32 characters or
  more resulted in the error message "The password was incorrect" when
  trying to unlock, even though the password was, in fact, correct.