I suppose the flaw does not exist in TI-30. Why would they want to mimic
an old scientific calculator, that can't do basic arithmetic right?
Besides, the manual page of xcalc tells (as for the TI-30 mode): 'It
should be noted that the operators obey the  standard  rules  of
precedence.  Thus,  entering  "3+4*5="  results  in  "23",  not  "35".'
(HP-10C mode on the other hand does has completely different approach in
the order of operations, and xcalc emulates it only, if it is started
with -rpn option. )

The bug exists in Ubuntu  14.04, too.

Packages, which is subscribed to x11-apps in Ubuntu.

  xcalc has order-of-operations problems

Status in x11-apps package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: x11-apps

  Under Ubuntu 8.04.1, running the version in x11-apps_7.3+1_i386.deb,
  the calculator program xcalc has problems with the order of
  operations.

  To recreate this bug, run "xcalc" from the command line, then type
  "2*2^2+2=". The result displayed should be "10", but instead it is
  "12". Note that "2+2*2^2=", "2^2*2+2=", "(2*2^2)+2=", and "2*(2^2)+2="
  each give the correct result.

  My guess is that the program has problems when it must close two
  levels of implicit grouping at once. In effect, it treats the
  problematic input above as if it were "2*(2^2+2)=". This
  interpretation is consistent with other examples that I've tried.