Install the cifs-utils package and then check "man mount.cifs"

  cannot register database

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I have an odb file in the file server. I want to use it in order to create
something (let's say a mail merge document)
  I cannot register it in libreoffice since it is not a local file.

  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      14.04

  apt-cache policy libreoffice
  libreoffice:
    Εγκατεστημένα: 1:4.2.7-0ubuntu2
    Υποψήφιο:      1:4.2.7-0ubuntu2
    Πίνακας Έκδοσης:
   *** 1:4.2.7-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/universe
amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:4.2.7-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security/universe amd64
Packages
       1:4.2.3~rc3-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64
Packages

  How to reproduce:
  Save any odb file in a fileserver in your network.
  Open it to see it works ok.
  Now open any libreoffice file. Go to Tools-> Options
  Select on the left LibreOffice Base -> Databases
  Click on create.
  Click on search.
  Select the odb file the previously  checked as working.
  Give a name and click OK
  Message appears that says:
  file smb://"servername"/"filename" does not exist in local file system

  (messages are my translations from greek since I use greek  in my
  computer)