** Changed in: gnome-games (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Bryan Quigley (bryanquigley) => (unassigned)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-games in Ubuntu.

  Nibbles - Invisible wall and  Unexpected Death upon rebirth (gnibbles)

Status in gnome-games package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gnome-games

  As reported by others in the following thread:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-games/+bug/574212

  The following 2 behaviours can be observed:

  1) Death upon rebirth

  2) Unexplained death during play (not associated with reversal)

  I will assume that the same cause underlies both.

  Investigation has shown me that in the case of (2) the program
  believes you are colliding with another worm (often number 6) when the
  display shows that the other worm is in a completely different area of
  the board.

  Therefore there is a discrepancy between the internal board
  representation (board->walls)  and the screen representation (clutter
  actor).

  In the case of (1) I imagine that there is an 'invisible segment' of
  worm close to the point at which you are reborn with which you
  collide. Therefore you die immediately after rebirth, whereas if you
  manage to change direction immediately you can avoid death.

  I have not yet made any progress in finding or fixing the underlying
  bug. :-(