I have the same problem after upgraded from Ubuntu 14.10 to 15.04. My
graphic card is AMD R7 260X using fglrx-amdcccle-updates
2:15.200-0ubuntu4 driver. This driver seems working fine except I got
blank screen when I tried to switch to virtual consoles with ctl+alt+fx
keys.

The open source driver radeon is even worse, it randomly crashs X and
get to the login screen and you can't log back it from the login screen.
Instead, you need to "sudo killall Xorg".

Tried many suggestions so far from the web, it didn't help.

Packages, which is subscribed to fglrx-installer-updates in Ubuntu.

  When using fglrx module, the virtual consoles are blank and useless

Status in fglrx-installer-updates package in Ubuntu:

  When the PC boots it shows the sddm login, but if I switch to the
  first virtual console using Ctrl+Alt+F1, the console is blank. The
  other consoles are in the same state. Only the virtual console with
  the sddm login, is running fine.

  Package: fglrx-updates 2:15.200-0ubuntu4
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 2.17.2-0ubuntu1.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: KDE