Public bug reported:

I'm not sure 100% this is a bug but it is related to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1478506

When the "Marron in trouble" games launches a sound the multimedia sink
it's updated and when reading the volume it's always 100%.

I'ts not 100% for other applications using the multimedia role, like the
music app or other games/apps. The volume in that case is in sync with
the volume that was previously set for it.

This is the code from the indicator-sound where we get the 100% volume.

var props_variant = yield _pconn.call
("org.PulseAudio.Ext.StreamRestore1.RestoreEntry",
                                                sink_input_objp,
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties", "Get",
                                                new Variant ("(ss)",
"org.PulseAudio.Ext.StreamRestore1.RestoreEntry", "Volume"),
                                                null, DBusCallFlags.NONE, -1);
                                Variant tmp;
                                props_variant.get ("(v)", out tmp);
                                uint32 type = 0, volume = 0;
                                VariantIter iter = tmp.iterator ();
                                iter.next ("(uu)", &type, &volume);

I did a workaround branch in the indicator-sound that reads the volume
at initilaization for every role and stores any change When the sink is
updated I read the volume in it that is already stored instead of
reading the volume from pulse.

I'm not convinced of that, and would like to know why I get 100% volume
only for this particular game.

** Affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Volume obtained is 100% in multimedia sink for sounds from app

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu: