Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: rdesktop (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to rdesktop in Ubuntu.

  keyboard layout gets double-applied through rdesktop to remote system
  with same layout

Status in Linux Mint:
  New
Status in rdesktop package in Ubuntu:

  I am a DVORAK keyboard user, so I have "English (Dvorak)" as my layout
  selected in cinnamon mint 17.2.

  When I rdesktop to a windows machine that is ALSO configured to use
  dvorak, the mapping gets double-applied, so that all the keys (except
  a and m) are mapped wrong (not qwerty OR dvorak, but double-modified).

  When I rdesktop from one windows machine with dvorak to another, I do
  not have this problem, so it seems it is a bug with rdesktop
  somewhere.

  Linux Mint 17.2 64bit
  ii  rdesktop                          1.7.1-1ubuntu2

  Steps to reproduce:

  Login to a fresh cinnamon mint17 install, and via the keyboard
  preferences, change layout to English (Dvorak).

  Login to a windows computer and use the control panel to change layout
  to "United States-Dvorak"

  rdesktop from the linux machine to the windows machine

  What happned: keys are not mapped to either qwerty OR dvorak, but randomish
  What I expected to happen: keys work in dvorak mode