This version has expired

** Changed in: unity-2d (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity-2d

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-2d in Ubuntu.

  no 3d acceleration anywhere

Status in unity-2d:
  Invalid
Status in unity-2d package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hi!

  I started up unity-2d to see if I could get any extra FPS on EVE-Online,
compared to Unity-3d. However, I instead get no 3d acceleration at all.
Eve-online does not start, and glxgears is empty and spits out this in console:
  Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
  approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
  XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
        after 34 requests (34 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

  However, glxinfo gives me this, still in unity-2d:
  name of display: :0
  display: :0  screen: 0
  direct rendering: Yes
  server glx vendor string: SGI
  server glx version string: 1.4
  [...]
  client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
  client glx version string: 1.4
  [...]
  GLX version: 1.4
  [...]
  OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
  OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710
  OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.11-devel
  OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

  Now, just because I entered unity-2d, does this automatically mean that no 3d
should be supported!?!? This was not the case when ubuntu used gnome2.

  PS. EVE-online works great on unity-3d(and the OSS drivers in
  oneiric), part from the ships and stations being black(maybe this
  error wont be there in unity-2d with 3d acceleration).

  Package: unity-2d 3.8.10-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-5.6-generic 3.0.0-rc7
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-5-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Thu Jul 21 22:51:02 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Alpha i386 (20110705.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash