Wow, Alberto! I didn't expect anyone to have a look at the code that
fast!

I agree that OAuth authentication for Gmail in connection with using the
Gmail accounts plugin would be great. Having a quick look at the Gmail
docs, I also think that our IMAP library should be compatible with it.
However, as we already have working Gmail notifications using OAuth in
the images (although not open to third-party developers at the moment),
I'd like to postpone this after we have released the normal password
authentication IMAP notifications into the wild as they are supported by
basically all IMAP servers.

Furthermore, thank you for the link to the SASL plugin. As that part is
being dealt with by our IMAP library though, I don't think it will be
too useful here.

The data files you found are indeed from libraries for character
encoding. I noticed a few days ago that we can import some of the
libraries via Debian packages that are already in the Ubuntu archives so
that should reduce that part of the code.

Thanks again! :)

Packages, which is subscribed to account-plugins in Ubuntu.

  No notifications for new mails

Status in Online Accounts: Account plugins:
  New
Status in Dekko:
  Triaged
Status in account-plugins package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in account-polld package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Hi!

  In the BQ E4.5 Ubuntu Edition, I'm not getting notificactions for new
  mails.

  Testing (by example)
  1. Kill Dekko.
  2. Send you an email.
  3. Open Dekko.
  4. Change quickly to another app before Dekko starts.
  5. Bug: No notification
  6. Go to Dekko: You'll see your new mail.

  FYI as improvement, for me, in Dekko is not clear if Dekko checks the
  mail after X minutes or is a push notification.

  Thanks in advance!