Public bug reported:

I am using Kubuntu Oneiric, up to date.

This is a bug, it is perfectly reproducible. Libreoffice crashes and
leaves a java crash trace (attached), bibus freezes... It happens both
with bibus from Natty (since Oneiric version has a dependency issue,
this is the first I tried), bibus from oneiric (installed using dpkg -i
--force-depends), and the debian package from the bibus website. When I
removed libreoffice-kde, finalization started to work.

I would gladly report this upstream, just I do not know which upstream?
libreoffice? Java? Bibus? Python?

When started from the command line, Bibus shows this trace:

dg@bala:~$ bibus
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/bibus/BibFrame.py", line 1632, in onMenuOOoFinalize
    self.doc.finalize()
  File "/usr/share/bibus/OOo.py", line 96, in finalize
    bibOOoPlus.finalize(self,msg.Update)
  File "/usr/share/bibus/bibOOo/bibOOoPlus.py", line 105, in finalize
    bibOOoBase.finalize(self,messages = messages,
cit_sort=cit_sort,cit_fuse=cit_fuse,cit_range=cit_range,cit_separator=cit_separator,cit_order=cit_order,cit_asc=cit_asc)
  File "/usr/share/bibus/bibOOo/bibOOoBase.py", line 778, in finalize
    if not self.__newDoc():
        # we try to open a copy of the current doc.
  File "/usr/share/bibus/bibOOo/bibOOoBase.py", line 727, in __newDoc
    self.model.store()
uno.DisposedException: Binary URP bridge disposed during call

libreoffice leaves this trace in console:

dg@bala:~$ oowriter
QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x03340a46, pid=15593, tid=2910292848
#
# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode, sharing linux-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libQtGui.so.4+0x258a46]  QX11PixmapData::createCompatiblePixmapData()
const+0x156
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/dg/hs_err_pid15593.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
[error occurred during error reporting , id 0xb]

And I have attached the file /home/dg/hs_err_pid15593.log as
"Libreoffice java crash information".

Package versions:
libreoffice-kde:
  Įdiegta:    1:3.4.3-3ubuntu2
libreoffice-writer:
  Įdiegta:    1:3.4.3-3ubuntu2
bibus:
  Įdiegta:    1.5.1 # this one is bibus debian package, currently installed
  Kandidatas: 1.5.1-3ubuntu1 # this one is default oneiric that is troublesome
to install, crash is the same though

Please comment anyone who understands what is going on and where the
actual problem really is.

Package: libreoffice-kde 1:3.4.3-3ubuntu2
Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
Architecture: i386
Date: Tue Oct 25 09:32:52 2011
InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=
 PATH=(custom, user)
 LANG=lt_LT.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: libreoffice
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-10-22 (2 days ago)

** Affects: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

** Tags: apport-bug bibus i386 libreoffice-kde oneiric

  libreoffice-kde causes libreoffice to crash and bibus to freeze during
  bibliography finalization

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

)