Public bug reported:

Since the update to Ubuntu 14.04 a few days ago, (today is Nov 12,
2015), there are occasional hiccups when opening nautilus. That is,
sometimes it takes tens of seconds for a new window to open and the
nautilus windows that are already open don't respond either.

I unfortunately don't have a repeatable way to reproduce this.

A relevant piece of information is that I may have a nautilus window
open at a `smb://` address.

----

$ lsb_release -rd
Release:        14.04

$ apt-cache policy nautilus
nautilus:
  Installed: 1:3.10.1-0ubuntu9.11
  Candidate: 1:3.10.1-0ubuntu9.11
  Version table:
 *** 1:3.10.1-0ubuntu9.11 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:3.10.1-0ubuntu8 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages

$ uname -a
Linux XXXX 3.16.0-53-generic #72~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 6 18:17:23 UTC 2015
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Occasional hiccup when opening nautilus

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu: