Public bug reported:

Hi guys,

we're utilising libllvm3.4 to build Blender and prerequisites and
noticed after an update to 15.10 that we're suddenly not able to link
our OSL libs after building any more. After a long and tedious error
analysis we think that we found the issue - an ABI incompatibility
caused by libllvm depending on gcc 4.9 - and not on gcc 5.2 like on
newest debian.

Could you have a look at this? If you need direct help (maybe to have a
remote access to a 15.10 ubuntu) to investigate the issue just come to
#blendercoders and ask me (plasmasolutions) there.

Many greetings,
Thomas

** Affects: llvm-toolchain-3.4 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to llvm-toolchain-3.4 in Ubuntu.

  libllvm mistakenly compiled with gcc 4.9

Status in llvm-toolchain-3.4 package in Ubuntu: