This bug is only marked Invalid for NetworkManager, it's still open
(Triaged, with someone assigned) to be looked at in terms of kernel
drivers, configuration and whatnot.

I appreciate your concerns, but I'm just marking this as "not an issue
in NetworkManager", because quite honestly I couldn't see any reason it
would be related to it before, and the testing with mainline kernel
builds (and the fact that it works with those) further reduces the
likeliness of it being a NM issue. Additionally, Fedora 16 uses the same
version of NetworkManager with sufficiently similar configuration that
there is no reason to believe it might behave differently.

If you can't test with the mainline kernel (and I'd suggest simply
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.1-oneiric/, or the
previous one http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-
ppa/mainline/v3.1-rc10-oneiric/), then it's perfectly fine; somebody
else might be able to. In fact, DDC did test with apparently good
results, if I am to believe comment #63. Testing with mainline kernels
only takes a few minutes to do, and offers a great amount of help in
order to successfully pinpoint a cause for the issue.

So again, I appreciate everyone's concerns and willingness to see this
resolved as soon as possible, but having very similar hardware I don't
see any performance issues or instability, so the best I can offer is to
triage this following the data we already have as far as NetworkManager
is concerned.

  [Oneiric] Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking,
  packet loss and very slow Lenovo X201 and T500 laptops

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “linux” source package in Oneiric:
  Triaged
Status in “network-manager” source package in Oneiric:
  Invalid
Status in “linux” source package in Precise:
  Triaged
Status in “network-manager” source package in Precise:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  This may be either network-manager or kernel, depending on triage...

  I have verified this on both a Lenovo X201 and a Lenovo T500 laptop.

  Both work perfectly with fully updated 10.10 and 11.04 versions of
  Ubuntu.

  However, booting into a fully updated 11.10 (as of 28/08/11) I get
  very poor wireless networking performance. Between 6-10% packet loss,
  very very slow connection and transfer rate. All in all, practically
  unusable.

  I have reported the bug on the X201 laptop, I will add the similar
  logs from the T500 also if required.

  As soon as I swap back to either 10.10 or 11.04 I get perfect
  wireless, it's only on 11.10 that I get problems, this would suggest
  it's not hardware or configuration on my side.

  I have had this since first installing 11.10 which was a little after
  Alpha 2.

  Wired connection is fine.

  Package: network-manager 0.9.0-0ubuntu1
  CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory