[Expired for system-config-printer (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: system-config-printer (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to system-config-printer in Ubuntu.

  error policy 'retry-job' still sets printer disabled

Status in system-config-printer package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: system-config-printer

  I have my printers' error policy set to 'retry-job', expecting the
  system to keep on trying to print jobs. In stead, probably after a few
  attempts, but within several minutes (possibly 5), the printer is put
  in the disabled state ('enabled' is not marked in system-config-
  printer > Policies dialog).

  I have two common (for me) use-cases for my expected behaviour. One is
  printing from my laptop in the train, and having the jobs sent to the
  printer when connecting to the network at work. The other is printing
  form my laptop at home downstairs, and then going upstairs to switch
  on the (network) printer.

  I'm running system-config-printer 0.7.81 on a fully updated Ubuntu
  Hardy (2.6.24-21-generic).

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386