Public bug reported:

This is about issues with Canon's Maxify MB2320 drivers for the printer
and scanner. Something puts a large number of files in /var/tmp,
whenever the printer or scanner functions are used. These files all
start with cnij. The scanner driver is not Sane compliant. To scan the
Canon app must be called from a terminal with:

scangearmp2

running that produces: "(scangearmp2:11008): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID
1019 was not found when attempting to remove it"

I have posted about this at the Canon community forum and this forum
today (23 Feb 16).

Per Launchpad requirements:

mark@Lexington:/var/tmp$ lsb_release -rd

Release:        14.04

mark@Lexington:/var/tmp$ apt-cache policy scangearmp2
scangearmp2:
  Installed: 3.00-1
  Candidate: 3.00-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.00-1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I have asked the Canon forum to better work with Linux developers
towards writing Linux compatible software. I expected the Canon to be
Linux compliant, not to have Canon try to make Linux comply with Canon.

These cnij* objects in /var/tmp became so numerous (305) that I received
a " / is full" message. That required posts at UbuntuForum.com to
resolve that problem. The 305 cnij* created 1.7gig of file space in
/var/tmp.  This problem must be temporarily resolved by: cd /var/tmp and
then sudo rm cnij*. Then ls to see that the cnij-s* are gone.

** Affects: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Tags: canon cnij maxify mb2320

  Canon printer/scanner driver fails

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu: