Considered fixed downstream.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/532517

Title:
  External monitor goes black

Status in xserver-xorg-driver-ati:
  Invalid
Status in xserver-xorg-video-ati package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-ati

  Every so often using Karmic, external monitor screen (mirrored to laptop 
screen) goes blank while laptop screen displays OK. I think that this may be 
happening when I move the mouse after a few seconds inactivity on my part. One 
thought is that the following part of the Screen Section (in xorg.conf) should 
not be commented out:
        #       SubSection "Display"
        #               Virtual 2048 2048
        #       EndSubSection
  I have the feeling that this was commented out  when I was using Jaunty due 
to external screen mode display problem.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Fri Mar  5 09:45:03 2010
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
  MachineType: Dell Inc. Inspiron 1501
  Package: xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:6.12.99+git20090929.7968e1fb-0ubuntu1
  ProcCmdLine: root=UUID=bb939a76-b18f-4e9b-b20d-203005e06ca8 ro quiet splash 
acpi=force irqpoll
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-20.57-generic
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   xserver-xorg 1:7.4+3ubuntu10
   libgl1-mesa-glx 7.6.0-1ubuntu4
   libdrm2 2.4.14-1ubuntu1
   xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.9.0-1ubuntu2.1
   xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:6.12.99+git20090929.7968e1fb-0ubuntu1
  SourcePackage: xserver-xorg-video-ati
  Uname: Linux 2.6.31-20-generic i686
  dmi.bios.date: 12/07/2007
  dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 2.6.3
  dmi.board.name: 0UW744
  dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.chassis.type: 8
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.chassis.version: Not Specified
  dmi.modalias: 
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvr2.6.3:bd12/07/2007:svnDellInc.:pnInspiron1501:pvrNotSpecified:rvnDellInc.:rn0UW744:rvr:cvnDellInc.:ct8:cvrNotSpecified:
  dmi.product.name: Inspiron 1501
  dmi.product.version: Not Specified
  dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.
  fglrx: Not loaded
  system:
   distro:             Ubuntu
   architecture:       i686kernel:             2.6.31-20-generic

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/xserver-xorg-driver-ati/+bug/532517/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to