Hi In order to try and reduce the scope of this bug I used Ubuntu software centre to remove all libreoffice components listed under the category Office (i.e. Writer, Calc, Math & Impress). I then rebooted and reinstalled just Calc.
I got the menu bar back but in the Windows 95 style interface. When I did sudu apt-get install libreoffice-gtk the menus disappeared again. However I found that menus appeared when I moused over the window title bar in full screen mode but not when moused over the title bar in a smaller window. Checking other applications such as Nemo and Mirage I found they displayed this behaviour as well. Is this expected behaviour? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to libreoffice in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1549889 Title: LibreOffice menus not present in new UUbuntu 14.0.4 install Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: Ubuntu 14.0.4 LibreOfficeCalc 1.4.2.8-0ubuntu4 libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-base-core:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-calc:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-common:all/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-core:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-draw:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-help-en-us:all/trusty-updates 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu1 uptodate libreoffice-impress:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-math:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-ogltrans:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-pdfimport:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-presentation-minimizer:all/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-style-human:all/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate libreoffice-writer:amd64/trusty-security 1:4.2.8-0ubuntu4 uptodate Libre office applications Calc and Writer (and presumably all others) do not have menus present in the top menu bar on a new install of Ubuntu 14.0.4 on a 64 bit Intel machine. Running sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-gtk from a terminal restores the menus at the price of a very clunky appearance. subsequently running sudo apt-get install libreoffice-gtk causes them to disappear again. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04 Package: libreoffice (not installed) ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-51.57~14.04.1-generic 3.19.8-ckt13 Uname: Linux 3.19.0-51-generic x86_64 NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.19 Architecture: amd64 CurrentDesktop: Unity Date: Thu Feb 25 16:10:17 2016 InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-02-21 (3 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Beta amd64 (20150805) ProcEnviron: LANGUAGE=en_GB:en PATH=(custom, no user) XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set> LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash SourcePackage: libreoffice UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1549889/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

