Public bug reported:

I am running Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 with GNOME 3.18, and I have noticed that
when I enable seconds to be displayed in the time in the gnome-tweak-
tool that the date and time seem to jump around a lot on the locked
screen. As I couldn't take a screencast of this, I downloaded Ubuntu
GNOME 15.10 with GNOME 3.18 and put it into a VM, but when running it in
the VM in addition to the jumping around there were also strange shadows
being made most of the time behind the text which is not something that
happens on the host so it's all very strange... I have attached a
screencast of this.

Though I also tested this in a Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 with GNOME 3.18 (as
3.19 was causing other problems) and there are no strange shadows nor
jumping there, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the GNOME version,
but rather something more linked to the Ubuntu GNOME version.

** Affects: ubuntu-gnome

** Affects: gdm (Ubuntu)

** Affects: gnome-tweak-tool (Ubuntu)

** Tags: wily

** Attachment added: "Date&Time_Jumping_Locked_Screen.mp4"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1553802/+attachment/4590904/+files/Date%26Time_Jumping_Locked_Screen.mp4

** Summary changed:

- Date and time jump around on locked screen when showing seconds
+ Date and time jump around on locked screen when showing seconds (and also
sometimes display strange shadows behind them)

** Also affects: gdm (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: gnome-tweak-tool (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: wily

Packages, which is subscribed to gdm in Ubuntu.

  Date and time jump around on locked screen when showing seconds (and
  also sometimes display strange shadows behind them)

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in gdm package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in gnome-tweak-tool package in Ubuntu: