Sounds like a video driver issue.

** Package changed: lightdm (Ubuntu) => xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  No keyboard / Mouse 50% of lightdm starts

Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  This is most prevalent when resuming from suspend, however it does
  occur on a few cold boot scenarios.

  When lightdm comes up, I see the mouse cursor, it disappears and then
  I cannot move the mouse. The system, however, is still responsive, I
  can press the power button to see the Unity shutdown menu and the
  mouse cursor on the default user session still animates.

  I however cannot tty down and cannot do anything other than force
  shutdown. Attached are the contents of lightdm.log.old on the next
  boot.

  This hasn't occured for me on 14.04.1 nor Freya. It started happening
  when I installed 15.04 and then 14.04.3 so I believe it's related to
  the 3.19 hardware stack or lightdm 1.10.5.

  I have a mostly intel system, a Lenovo u410. I'd prefer to fix the
  issue rather than avoid it since I cannot download 14.04.1 anymore.

  During the expected behavior, lightdm boots, the mouse dissappears and then
reappears (why it's mounting and unmounting when plymouth closes is beyond me).
And I should be able to use my mouse/kb when resuming or cold booting.

  Package: lightdm 1.10.5-0ubuntu1.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-25.26~14.04.1-generic 3.19.8-ckt2
  Uname: Linux 3.19.0-25-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.11
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity