Odd. I can't see what's going on from the logs. Could you move
~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db elsewhere and try again?

Packages, which is subscribed to banshee in Ubuntu.

  Banshee UI ALWAYS freezes at start

Status in banshee package in Ubuntu:

  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      15.10
  Codename:     wily

  Linux kernel 4.2.0-35-generic

  Banshee package: 2.9.0+really2.6.2-3ubuntu1

  I was using banshee normally, but suddenly it doesn't startup ok anymore.
Now, I cannot open banshee with my user data.
  I tried opening it in a guest session and it seems to work perfectly.
  I purged all the related packages and installed again and it still freezes at
startup.

  Package: banshee 2.9.0+really2.6.2-3ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.2.0-35.40-generic 4.2.8-ckt5
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME-Flashback:Unity
  Date: Thu Apr  7 10:01:55 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" - Release amd64
(20151021)
  SourcePackage: banshee