Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. The issue you are reporting is an upstream one and it
would be nice if somebody having it could send the bug to the developers
of the software by following the instructions at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/GNOME. If you have done so, please
tell us the number of the upstream bug (or the link), so we can add a
bugwatch that will inform us about its status. Thanks in advance.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Double-clicking .desktop file makes nautilus show bogus file

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  When double-clicking a .desktop file in nautilus, bogus file briefly
  appear and the original .desktop file "jerks" because of that. This
  behaviour is quite annoying. Try unpacking tor browser bundle for
  instance, navigate to tor-browser-en-US directory in nautilus and
  double-click Tor Browser icon (the .desktop file). The file briefly
  appears, marked as no read/write access (the little lock and cross
  icons attached). I could not catch it with screen capture to see what
  it was but you could see it for yourself. I believe that this is a
  temp file. To verify, follow the steps below.

  1. Make sure nautilus is configured to hide hidden files and that you can
reproduce the bug as has been described to this point
  2. Leave nautilus window open, launch terminal and create a file named
.HIDDEN in tor-browser-en-US directory (the directory active in nautilus)
  3. Double-click Tor Browser icon once again in nautilus

  Now you should be able to see the file in question and look up its
  properties in nautilus (see attached screen shot)

  4. Return to the terminal and run 'ls -la' command to see that the file isn't
really present in the directory.
  5. Refresh nautilus window with F5 button to return to normal

  I believe this behaviour in nautilus is wrong but have no idea how to
  fix it. Any idea?

  Package: nautilus 1:3.18.4.is.3.14.3-0ubuntu4
  Date: Sun Apr 10 00:47:49 2016
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'org.gnome.nautilus.preferences' b'executable-text-activation' b"'ask'"
   b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'geometry' b"'823x550+457+222'"
   b'org.gnome.nautilus.list-view' b'default-column-order' b"['name', 'size',
'type', 'date_modified', 'owner', 'group', 'permissions', 'mime_type', 'where']"
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=ru
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  modified.conffile..etc.xdg.autostart.nautilus.autostart.desktop: [modified]
  mtime.conffile..etc.xdg.autostart.nautilus.autostart.desktop:
2016-02-10T01:22:47.461799