** Changed in: gtk

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  ~/.recently-used.xbel cannot be a symlink

Status in GTK+:
  Won't Fix
Status in gtk+2.0 package in Ubuntu:

  I'd like to be able to move ~/.recently-used.xbel to ~/Private. I
  tried doing this with a symlink, but it is overwritten.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. touch ~/Private/.recently-used.xbel
  2. rm ~/.recently-used.xbel
  3. cd ; ln -s Private/.recently-used.xbel
  4. gedit
  5. Open some file.
  6. Close gedit.

  Actual results:
  ~/.recently-used.xbel is a file and no longer a symlink. The data has been
written to ~.

  Expected results:
  ~/.recently-used.xbel would still be a symlink and the data would've been
written to ~/Private/.recently-used.xbel.

  Does this happen every time?
  Yes.

  Other information:
  If there is some other way to redirect this filename, please let me know. If
there were some way to set a "filename" GObject property on every
GtkRecentManager when it's created, that seems like it should work, based on
the code.

  Otherwise, I'll upload a patch which makes this honor symlinks. To add
  this to the package, you'd just need to put it in debian/patches and
  add it to debian/patches/series. (I used 099 as the patch number, but
  I have no idea what the correct number should be.) I've done this in
  my PPA: https://launchpad.net/~rlaager/+archive