The click and hold to simulate a right click used to send the virtual
right click before button release until march 2010. Changes in the X
server forced the mousetweaks developer to move the virtual right click
after the button release because as far as I understand, the X server
stopped accepting virtual right clicks if the left mouse button had not
been released. I don't know how the current X server would behave about
this.

Anyway, as far as I have been told, a real right click simulation by a
left click and hold should probably be implemented at a deeper layer
than mousetweaks. Another aspect for example making problems is that
mousetweaks is not able to discard the real left button down before
creating the virtual right click. One of the consequences is that it is
not possible to perform a virtual right click on a multiple selection as
the real left mouse click preceding the virtual right click deselects
the items.

By the way, mousetweaks tried to implement some kind of feedback to
indicate when the user has hold the left mouse button long enough to
issue the simulated right click: the pointer should fill up with a
different color. However, this does not work reliably.

Packages, which is subscribed to mousetweaks in Ubuntu.

  Touch screen: Right click should be emulated by long press, like under
  Windows 8 and Android

Status in mousetweaks package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Twist convertible ultrabook (Intel Core i7).
  The tablet mode (touchscreen-only operation, keyboard folded away)
  gets continuously working better.

  One important missing feature is an easy-to-do right click. The right-
  click emulation button in Onboard is a rather awkward solution, as
  Onboard only shows up when selecting a text input field.

  I suggest to emulate the right-click by a long press on the screen. It
  is done in Android this way, too, and works very well for me.

  Note that the long-press right-click functionality in "Universal
  Access" in the Control Center only works with a mouse and not with the
  touch screen (another bug).

  I am using Saucy 64-bit and the standard Unity desktop.