** Package changed: lightdm (Ubuntu) => unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: lightdm (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  Disable Guest Access by default.

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  "Guest Access" should be disabled by default. It is an unexpected
  "feature", on an otherwise secure system. Until a GUI option is added
  (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-
  center/+bug/886415), it is also an un-intuitive feature to disable.

  I've found it only invites trouble. For me, trouble had the face of my
  children while I was at work. =) They found that they were able to use
  my laptop, without logging in.

  Then on their PC they found that, while logged into their account,
  using the "Guest Access" bypassed the proxy settings setup in their
  Firefox profile.

  Please consider defaulting both pre-logon and post-logon Guest Access
  to off.