This is what I got from Matt Burkhardt and it worked for me: Matt Burkhardt proposed the following answer: I fixed this by typing in
sudo apt-get install evolution-common then after that finished sudo apt-get install evolution Seems as if it got confused about the evolution-common package - but an install fixes the issue David Y -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/875651 Title: evolution not installed after upgrade to oneiric Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: Upgraded to 11.10 yesterday. Now Evolution will not launch though the icon is still in the launcher - it flashes as if preparing to launch but nothing happens. Consequently cannot access my saved e-mails, address book or calendar. Thunderbird works to pick up new messages but I need my saved data. Tried to reinstall Evolution from Software Manager but got incompatibility message. Help please! To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/875651/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

