It was a clean install of 16.04 and I encountered this very early on,
i.e. I had not installed many additional packages yet.

Packages, which is subscribed to gstreamer1.0 in Ubuntu.

  Rhythmbox missing a GStreamer plug-in

Status in gstreamer1.0 package in Ubuntu:

  Rhythmbox was not able to play some of my FLAC files until I installed
  the gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio plug-in.

  Release:      16.04

  rhythmbox:
    Installed: 3.3-1ubuntu6
    Candidate: 3.3-1ubuntu6
    Version table:
   *** 3.3-1ubuntu6 500
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Playback stopped and the track was marked with a warning symbol.
  Opening the track properties dialog showed a GStreamer missing plug-in
  error message.

  Recommended the gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio plug-in be added to the 16.04
  desktop distro to improve the out-of-box experience for less
  experienced users.

  Package: libgstreamer1.0-0 1.8.0-1
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Fri Apr  1 21:05:20 2016
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Beta amd64
(20160323.1)
  SourcePackage: gstreamer1.0