Public bug reported:

With the move to [GNOME|Ubuntu] Software we rebranded it to be in
keeping with the rest of the platform.  Part of this work was to re-use
the g-s-c icon.

For users who upgraded they now have both u-s-c and Ubuntu Software
installed.  These applications share an icon, and so it can be hard to
distinguish between them at a glance.  We should not forcibly remove
u-s-c on upgrade because a) we don't do that and b) it will still be
useful for people who want to install purchased software via the private
PPA mechanism (assuming ISVs port their apps to 16.04 and don't ship as
a Snap).

Suggestion:  We remove some colour from the u-s-c icon to indicate that it is
deprecated (e.g. convert it to grey scale) and consider pre-pending the app
name with "Deprecated" or something along those lines.

** Affects: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  u-s-c icon now clashes with the new Ubuntu Software package

Status in software-center package in Ubuntu: